As an accomplished leader, you have earned your position. But do you have the tools you need to take your teams and your organization to the next level?
Learn the techniques and approaches to make decisions in complex situations, manage across units, and bring out the best in your leadership team. You'll explore the critical components of effective management and leadership. Tools for cultivating and leveraging individual and organizational capabilities will be emphasized. You'll emerge with new frameworks to manage individuals, teams, and processes, and create culture of high performance. You'll also gain best practices to measure performance, integrate divergent values, and capitalize on creativity and talent.
• You will learn to apply the Competing Values Framework, a world-renowned conceptual tool for cultivating and benefiting from individual and organizational capabilities.
• The University of Michigan-developed Leadership Competencies Survey, a 360-degree assessment taken prior to the program, and self-assessments during the program form the basis of the personalized action plan you develop during the course.
• In-program coaching enables you to customize learning to your unique needs. In group-based exercises, you'll apply class concepts to your own scenarios and receive feedback from faculty and peer executives.
Kim Cameron: Virtuousness and Performance: A Productive Partnership
Who Should Attend
- Mid- to senior-level managers who supervise other managers
- Managers who want to expand their leadership role and add value to their organization
Takeaways & Tools
- Tools to leverage your leadership strengths to advance your organization's culture and strategy, individual effectiveness, and business outcomes
- An understanding of how the best leaders capitalize on diverse perspectives, behaviors, and practices
- Techniques to communicate effectively across functions, geography, and cultures
- A step-by-step plan to immediately implement learnings in your organization
- A step-by-step plan to take on a leadership challenge in your organization with program learnings and realize change immediately upon return to work.
- Post-program coaching, included in the fee
- Peer-to-peer phone sessions following the program, to maintain your new network of peers and continue to improve in applying concepts
Alumni Career Services
Ross Executive Education
Ann Arbor - 734.647.3400
Los Angeles - 310.617.4750
Technology & Operations
Ann Arbor Office
Heather Byrne, Managing Director
Joyce Buchanan, Executive Secretary
Lillian Chen, Research Area Specialist
*Fee includes accommodations and meals
Registrations for Management of Managers should be completed at least 3 weeks before the program start date. This allows you to complete the Competing Values 360 Assessment in time for review the first day of the program, and throughout the program.
• Accommodations in Michigan Ross' first-class, full-service Executive Learning and Conference Center (pending availability)
• Continental breakfasts, lunches, coffee/snack breaks, and selected dinners in our exclusive Executive Dining Room
• Program materials and resources
Fee is payable in advance in US dollars and is subject to change. See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.