Learn to establish your negotiating leadership, leverage your best self, navigate cross-cultural dynamics, and manage emotional factors.
Top-performing companies have certain ingredients of success in common: Positive leadership is one of them.
Research proves that positive approaches to leadership deliver significantly better business results than common, old-fashioned methods that target weakness and deficit. In this five-day program, you'll gain cutting-edge tools to invigorate your leadership style by focusing on what works. You'll learn techniques to leverage your unique leadership strengths and stimulate performance gains in others. You'll come away with powerful tools to increase employee engagement, transform your organization's culture, drive innovation and change, and improve your bottom line.
The faculty of this program won the Academy of Management's 2012 research impact award for translating knowledge into practice.
• Through examining your leadership style and completing case analyses and team exercises, you'll harness tools used by leaders across the globe to yield top results.
• A case study comes to life through a corporate visit. Engagement during and after class with faculty and peer executives who share your commitment to positive leadership will invigorate your approach to your work and provide insight from across industries.
Applications for Positive Leadership are accepted until 3 weeks before the program start date. This allows the Admissions Committee to review the application, and also allows you to complete the Reflected Best Self Assessment in time for the program start. This critical program component is required for day 1 activities and throughout the program.
In Their Words:
"Since attending, we have realized significant performance improvements at our organization." Hossam Awad, Country Director, Taiwan, Columbia Sportswear, Co. Read Hossam's story.
How do you enter the fundamental state of leadership?
Professor Robert Quinn shows you how.
Who Should Attend
• Senior leaders seeking to develop creative, committed, and constructive teams
• HR/Management teams addressing organizational opportunities and challenges
• Executives who are leading or going through transformational change
Takeaways & Tools
• Tools for navigating change and responding strategically to crisis
• Tools and techniques to unlock the highest potential within oneself and others
• Methods to develop high-impact relationships and a results-oriented work environment
• A capacity to stimulate exceptional individual and organizational growth
• A step-by-step plan to take on a leadership challenge in your organization with program learnings and realize change immediately upon return to work.
Alumni Career Services
Ross Executive Education
Ann Arbor - 734.647.3400
Los Angeles - 310.617.4750
Technology & Operations
Ann Arbor Office
Heather Byrne, Managing Director
Joyce Buchanan, Executive Secretary
Lillian Chen, Research Area Specialist
• Accommodations in Michigan Ross' first-class, full-service Executive Learning and Conference Center (pending availability)
• Continental breakfasts, lunches, coffee/snack breaks, and selected dinners in our exclusive Executive Dining Room
• Program materials and resources
Fee is payable in advance in US dollars and is subject to change. See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.
Applications for Positive Leadership are accepted until 3 weeks before the program start date. This allows for Admissions Committee review of the application, and also allows the Reflected Best Self Assessment to be completed in time for the program start. This critical program component is required for day 1 activites and THROUGHOUT the program.