The 2017 Commencement ceremonies are open to all Ross School April 2017 and August 2017 Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degree graduates and candidates, as well as any December 2016 graduates who did not participate in the April 2016 ceremony.
Date: Friday, April 28, 2017
Location: Crisler Center
The University of Michigan wants to ensure that all graduates and guests can participate fully in this program. Crisler Center has accessible entrances on the northeast and southwest sides of the building. Staff will be available in Crisler Center to direct and assist guests to the special areas. Wheelchair seating as well as a seating area with real-time captioning is available for persons with hearing impairments. A sign language interpreter is present during the ceremony.
Graduates or guests who have questions about parking, access, or special needs may contact email@example.com.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
April 28-30 (Fri-Sun) – To avoid parking violations, please observe all posted notices and regulations. U-M parking lots and structures will be open to the public beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, April 28 through Sunday, April 30.
Palmer-Blue Area, Fletcher, Thayer: gates open Friday 9:00 a.m. through Sunday
Thompson, Hill, Church: gates open Friday 9:00 a.m. through Sunday
In addition, all University parking areas/surface lots on Central, North and South Campuses will have suspended parking enforcement Fri-Sun and commencement guests are welcome to park in any available unrestricted parking space (blue, orange, yellow).
Please allow plenty of time for parking.
- Only graduates are permitted on the arena floor prior to and during the ceremony.
- All graduates and guests should stand for the National Anthem.
- All graduates are required to stay for the entire ceremony (about 2 - 2 1/2 hours).
- Platform party guests will leave before graduates. Please wait for the appropriate cue from the ushers to leave.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Anyone found with alcoholic beverages will be escorted out of the facility.
- Smoking is prohibited. U of M is a smoke-free campus
- Ushers will be available to assist graduates into the building and in locating the proper seating area.
- Graduates will access the stage for recognition during the ceremony via a ramp.
Tickets will not be required for the 2017 Michigan Ross ceremony.
Tickets ARE required for the University Spring Commencement at Michigan Stadium and are handled by the Office of University and Development Events.
Please refer to the ticket information listed on the University of Michigan website.