More details to be posted in 2018.
The Ross School of Business Commencement Planning Committee Requests Submissions for Student Speakers to represent their graduating class in the Ross School Commencement Ceremony on Friday, April 27, 2018 at Crisler Center.
All eligible students who plan to participate in the 2018 Ross School of Business Commencement exercises may apply.*
*April and August 2018 Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree graduates and candidates, and any December 2017 graduates who did not participate in the April 2017 Commencement Ceremony. Eligible speakers will not have violated the Ross Statement of Community Values nor any University statements or codes.
- Your name
- Your degree
- Typed draft of speech – no more than 4 minutes long or 2.5 pages double-spaced. Must be in word document format.
- Short paragraph (200 words or fewer), describing why you would be an appropriate representative for your peers.
- Submissions should be sent from your umich email account.
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with Student Speaker in the subject line.
- Submissions must be received no later than 5:00pm on Sunday January 21, 2018. Entries received after 5:00pm will not be considered.
- Submit the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation of receipt will be sent. Please note that by submitting your speech for consideration UM offices, departments or programs could be asked to share information regarding your academic performance or misconduct for the sole purpose of determining eligibility. The UM offices, departments or programs providing information and receiving student record information will do so consistent with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Copies of the speech and descriptive paragraph - without identifying names - will be sent to the members of the Review Committee.*
- Selected finalists will be notified by Monday, January 29, 2018.
- Finalists will present their speeches to the Review Committee on Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Two speakers will be selected for the combined ceremony. One representing the BBA and one-year program graduates: one representing the MBA graduates.
- The selected speakers will attend coaching sessions, attend a rehearsal at Crisler Center, and sit on the stage during the ceremony. Their biographies and headshots will be in the official Commencement Program.
*Review Committee has student, faculty, and staff representatives.
Please contact Lynnette Iannace, Director of School Events at email@example.com