Open Filters

Are final transcripts required when applying?

For review purposes, you will want to submit copies of your most current transcripts at the time you submit your application. All Ross MAcc applicants must be completing or have completed the equivalent of an accredited four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree in virtually any field of study prior to the start of the program. If admitted, your official and final transcripts will then be required.

What are the Essays required for the application?

MAcc applicants are required to submit two essays. If there is something about your application packet you want to clarify, you may write a third, optional essay.


Question 1:

What attributes of the Ross MAcc will assist you in achieving your short- and long-term professional goals? Who influenced your decision to apply to the Ross MAcc? (500 word maximum)

Question 2:

If you could travel back in time, where and when would you go and why? (500 word maximum)

Optional Essay:

If there is any other information that you believe is important to our assessment of your candidacy, feel free to add it to your application. (500 word maximum)


As an international student, are my transcripts required to be evaluated?

Evaluated transcripts are not required. Your transcripts should be OK as long as they are in English and officially issued by your university. If the original language of your transcript and diploma is not English, a certified English translation must accompany the original document. The translation should be literal rather than interpretive. If a certified copy of the original transcript is submitted, it must be certified by the institution from which the degree was received.

Can I apply to multiple programs in the University of Michigan?

Applying to the MAcc program and another program in the university will negatively impact your application. We are specifically looking for students that have a passion for accounting and looking for a career in this field. Applying to multiple programs only shows that you may not be set on pursuing a career in Accounting.

Where can I find more information about housing options?

For information about available housing, including single student housing, family housing, and off-campus housing, visit the housing options page. To receive an off-campus housing information packet call University Housing at (734) 763-3205.

Do I need to submit a WES evaluation?

If you have earned or will earn your undergraduate degree from a non-U.S. institution, then you will need to submit your credentials to WES for a Course-by-Course evaluation

Where do I upload my WES evaluation report in the application?

 You will receive a personal copy of the evaluation report from WES. We ask that you scan your personal copy and upload into the application in the "Previous Education" section. Please be sure to also send the evaluation report to the Ross School of Business - Specialized Master's Programs. Please ensure the WES evaluation is complete prior to submitting your program application.