Strategies for Dealing With the Michigan Ross MBA Waitlist
The waitlist is a hard place to be. I know.
My high school senior son was on it at several schools for the last several months. It’s especially tough when you see your friends getting admitted and you’re still waiting. And you wonder what you can do to increase your chances of getting in.
With the waitlist agony in mind, here are some do’s and don'ts for managing your time on the Michigan Ross MBA waitlist:
- DO Show Interest. There are a lot of great candidates on the waitlist. At this late stage, our team wants to admit candidates who are still really interested in Ross.
- DO Follow Directions. We have communicated with waitlisted candidates about the timing for and type of additional information you can submit. Sticking to the guidelines is advised.
- DO Some Self-reflection. If you think your career goals were a bit unclear or your test score was the weak point of your application, proactively address those areas.
- DON’T Over-communicate. Keep in touch with the Admissions team when appropriate but don’t go overboard. Use good judgment.
- DON’T Forget to Think About Logistics. If you’re moving with a significant other or financial aid is an important part of your decision, you’ll want to think through those factors in advance, because if admitted, you’ll have 48 hours to make a decision.
2020 Applicants: Tune it to The MBA Summit - April 23
We’re looking forward to hosting The MBA Summit here at Ross tomorrow (Tuesday, April 23) in collaboration with Poets&Quants. The live-streamed event will feature three panels:
- “How to get into B-School? Insider tips from the Admissions Directors at Ross, Tuck and Haas”
- “Is the MBA Worth It? Why Consulting, tech and finance are hungry for MBAs,” featuring alumni working at Spotify, Goldman Sachs and Deloitte
- “Business + Impact: Changing the Way You Think About an MBA,” featuring alumni and a current student working in the social impact space.
Register here and maybe we’ll answer your question! The event will also be recorded for future viewing. Hope you can tune in.
- Dec 2019
- Nov 2019
- Oct 2019
- Sep 2019
- Aug 2019
- Jul 2019
- Jun 2019
- May 2019
- Apr 2019
- Mar 2019
- Feb 2019
- Jan 2019
- Dec 2018
- Nov 2018
- Oct 2018
- Sep 2018
- Aug 2018
- Jul 2018
- Jun 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 2018
- Mar 2018
- Feb 2018
- Jan 2018