Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
Create Value for All Stakeholders (Employees, Business, Customers, Investors, Communities) Through Human Capability
Never before has human capability (talent + leadership + organization + HR) been more central to business results. More is expected of HR professionals to deliver value to employees, businesses, customers, investors, and communities. To respond to these opportunities for impact, you need to create a world-class HR function. For 35 years, AHREP has defined ideas that will directly impact your success with world-class faculty (led by Dave Ulrich) and remarkable participants.
The insights in this learning experience come from multiple big data projects over 35 years with over 10,000 firms and 120,000 respondents. Based on this research and consulting with over half the Global 500, this program will give you insights into how four human capability pathways (talent, leadership, organization, and HR) and 38 associated initiatives will transform how you can deliver value-added HR. You will learn the next playbook of how business leaders can link these pathways to stakeholders’ value and how HR professionals can become true business partners.
WHAT SETS THIS PROGRAM APART
- Value Creation. Focus on value creation for all stakeholders, called outside/in HR. HR is not about HR but the value HR creates for all stakeholders.
- Integrated solutions. HR is not a piecemeal set of isolated initiatives, but an integrated solution based on human capability.
- Latest insights. Each faculty is considered the thought leader in their topic area. They have defined the latest thinking being used in leading organizations.
- Research-based. Ideas presented are based on rigorous research.
- Actionable insights. Each faculty has worked in dozens of organizations to ensure actionable insights.
- Committed to YOUR learning. Each participant will leave with ideas that can be immediately adapted to their organization.
SHARE YOUR SUCCESS
Participants also earn two credits toward our Distinguished Leader Certificate Program. We invite you to connect with us to learn more about the credentialing options for which you may qualify.
- C-level and Senior HR and talent executives
- Group, Global, or Executive Director of HR
- Heads of corporate universities or corporate learning
- General Managers who recognize the importance of HR to business success
Functional areas include human resources, talent management, learning and development, and corporate university.
Let’s discuss how this program can help you achieve your goals.
Contact us at RossExecEd@umich.edu or call 734-763-1000
In this engaging two-week experience, you will learn the playbook for HR value-added, apply the ideas to audit your HR function, and prepare a specific action plan for implementing change. Faculty who are the world’s experts in their field and have worked to apply their ideas in multiple firms will facilitate lively discussions with participants to help you learn from and build a global network of HR professionals who represent the world’s most successful organizations.
WEEK 1: DRIVING BUSINESS RESULTS THROUGH HR
Day 1: Introduction | Business Strategy
Day 2: HR’s Value Proposition
Day 3: HR Metrics and Analytics
Day 4: Diversity, Equity Inclusion | Employee Engagement and Experience
Day 5: HR Innovation
Day 6: Assessment Review and Personal Strategic Planning
Day 7: Recharge
WEEK 2: PREPARING YOUR LEADERSHIP AGENDA
Day 1: HR for the HR Department | HR Competencies with 360 Review
Day 2: Global Strategy, Agility, and Change | Your Leadership Brand
Day 3: Strategic Workforce Planning | Implementation of DEI and Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace
Day 4: Executive Compensation | Moving into the Top HR Job
Day 5: Strategic Plan Presentations and Peer Feedback | Graduation
This sample schedule is intended to represent the program structure and content. Timing and session topics are illustrative and subject to change.
Program Faculty co-Directors
Expert Michigan Ross faculty convert research-based insights into actionable outcomes. Learn from the same faculty who teach in our highly-ranked degree programs.
Rensis Likert Collegiate Professor of Business Administration
Richard (Dick) Beatty
Executive Education Faculty
Faculty Director, Sanger Leadership Center
Thomas C Kinnear Professor and Associate Professor of Strategy
GUEST FACULTY AND SPEAKERS MAY INCLUDE:
Global Adviser to CEOs & Corporate Boards | Bestselling Author
Camille Chang Gilmore
VP of HR | Boston Scientific
Principal Consultant | RBL Group
Executive Vice President, Human Capital | The Conference Board
Senior Advisor | Center on Executive Compensation
CEO Advisor | EVP Cathay Capital
Faculty Note: Selected faculty will teach in each program session.
- Gain exposure to frameworks from the latest HR research that defines HR value creation with specific and prioritized investments in talent, leadership, organization, and HR, (the Human Capability Framework).
- Include human capability conversations with all stakeholders with specific actions and measurements that make a difference.
- Understand strategies for entering global markets and managing multinational cultures.
- Identify metrics to measure better HR’s effectiveness in advancing business objectives.
- Enhance your value as a member of your senior management team and as the leader of the human resource function.
- Expand your knowledge of research-based next practices in HR.
- Network with global HR professionals and business leaders from world-class
- Create a comprehensive executive agenda to align your HR function and gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
Coca Cola European Partners, Germany. Sanam Moayedi, Director, Procurement
Chromalloy Gas Turbines, USA, Sadie Wackett, HR Director -Global Operations
The program exceeded my expectations and changed the way I think about HR as a whole. If you’re looking for the best program in HR, this is the one. -
What differentiates this program from others is that you learn to apply the concepts to a real organization, not just review case studies.
HR is not about HR but about helping a business succeed in the marketplace. Without success in the marketplace, there is no workplace. Join us in defining how HR can deliver value to all stakeholders and adopt innovative, research-based practices you can use to become an invaluable asset to your organization.
The program fee includes tuition, instructional materials, living accommodations, continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks each day, and selected dinners. Fee is payable in advance in US dollars, is net of any tax, and is subject to change. See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.
Note: Admission to this program is by application only. There are three ways to apply:
- click "Register Now" on this page and complete the application online;
- download the application and mail it back to us;
- call +1-734-763-1000, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday and request a paper application be mailed to you.