Learn how to inspire peak performance, manage potentially disruptive change, achieve organizational goals, and motivate yourself and others.
As you ascend to new levels of management, it's critical that you build on your leadership strengths and learn new ways to achieve greater impact. In this dynamic five-day program, you'll learn all of the critical elements that successful leaders must master to deliver results, including how to set a vision, build and inspire teams, and drive change. You'll reflect on your leadership approach and understand how others perceive you. You will be exposed to cutting-edge leadership strategies, practices, and tools — and receive coaching on how to leverage these next-level practices to achieve your career and organizational goals.
Once complete, you will emerge with new frameworks and tools to help you become a transformational leader of people and teams.
Five Ways to Enable Extraordinary Performance — Scott DeRue
How to put positive leadership principles to work immediately:
- Frame staff's positive qualities, existing strengths, and past successes as opportunities for building on existing excellence.
- Approach negative experiences with a positive orientation to enhance their developmental value.
- Link and reinforce positive experiences over time to foster positive development cycles.
- Recognize others' struggles and respond by providing feedback, mentoring, coaching, training, and resources.
- Give frequent feedback about the positive contribution or impact your colleagues have on others.
Being Happy at Work is Nice, But Thriving is Better and More Productive — Gretchen Spreitzer
- Visualizing the future of your team
- The challenges of teamwork
- Your role as team leader
- Defining the team
- Designing the team
- Managing the team
- Building leadership capacity in your team
- Developing a plan for building and developing your team
- Procedural and interpersonal tactics of influence
- Weapons of influence
- Understanding the benefits of social capital
- Building effective networks
- Managing organizational networks
- Creating urgency for your change ideas
- Getting buy-in
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Achieving the change results you seek
- Why coach?
- Coaching models
- Coaching roles
- Designing coaching sessions
- Coaching and diversity
- Coaching yourself
Takeaways & Tools
Develop a leadership mindset that will allow you to coach and counsel for peak performance
Obtain an increased ability to manage through potentially disruptive change
Build an understanding of how to motivate yourself and others
Gain practical tools to effectively manage relationships and achieve organizational goals
Create an enhanced ability to utilize feedback to develop yourself and your team
Benefit from a complementary executive coaching session with faculty during and after the program