Practicing Positive Leadership
Positive Leadership is the key to creating empowering, virtuous organizations that have strong employee engagement and consistently outperform competitors.
This four-week online course will help you explore new techniques to increase employee engagement, leverage empowerment to drive productivity, and share best practices with your cohort. Drawing on a diverse body of research, Professor Kim Cameron’s real-world, evidence-based examples demonstrate how leaders can affect organizational culture, positivity, and productivity.
What sets this program apart:
- Experience two live interactive sessions with renowned faculty Kim Cameron
- Evidence-based research validated by real-world data and results
- Highly personalized learning experience created by live, online events, based on your own data and assessment results. Our Ross faculty collate and analyze the coursework to create a personalized discussion each week.
- Learn from Michigan Ross, #1 Executive Education Provider in North America, Financial Times, 2023.
- Assess and develop your key strengths and weaknesses as a leader
- Learn how to deploy the Positive Leadership toolkit in performance improvement initiatives
- Drive individual and team performance through the use of positive leadership principles
- Create measurable action plans for the individual, team and organizational performance improvement using Positive Leadership frameworks
Senior-level Directors, Assistant/Associate Directors and Managing Directors challenged to lead transformative experiences and implement Positive Leadership practices within the organization
Other Senior Leaders and Managers across varied industries. These leaders seek to improve bottom line results by leveraging best Positive Leadership practices and principals from those aspiring/rising leaders in their organization who desire a new and impactful leadership philosophy
Program/Brand/Project and other Team Leaders who want to instill better engagement and performance in the teams they lead.
This four-week online course features two live, interactive sessions* with Professor Kim Cameron (occurring at the end of Week 2 and Week 4), who will discuss data/feedback from assessments, surveys, and other coursework. These live sessions allow each cohort to have a highly-personalized learning experience. You’ll explore topics that form the foundation for practicing Positive Leadership with your team.
*Note: The timing of the live interactive sessions is 10:00 AM ET.
Each week*, you’ll explore important topics that form the foundation for practicing Positive Leadership with your team:
Week One: The Importance of Positive Leadership
- Positive Leadership
- Assessing Positive Leadership
- Positively Energizing Leadership
- Assessing Positive Organizational Practices
Week Two: Positive Leadership in Action - Engagement
- Leading Positive Change at Griffin Hospital
- Positive Leadership by Engaging Others
- Ways to Enhance Engagement
- Sharing Ways to Enhance Engagement
Week Three: Positive Leadership in Action – Empowerment
- Understanding Dimensions of Empowerment
- Positive Leadership by Empowering Others
- Leadership Humility
- Everest Goals
Week Four: Competing Values in Positive Leadership
- The Competing Values Framework
- Assessing Personal Leadership and Organizational Culture
- Applying the Framework - The Rocky Flats Story
- Positive Organizational Culture Change
*This sample schedule is intended to represent the program structure and content. Timing and session topics are illustrative and subject to change.
Faculty Director, Practicing Positive Leadership
Your Action Plan:
- Daily online coursework will take approximately 30-minutes
- The two live, interactive sessions with Professor Cameron will be scheduled in advance. Sessions will also be recorded for availability at your convenience.
I’d like to see business go beyond innovation theater; see individuals genuinely empowered to come up with ideas that go against the grain.
- Fee includes program materials, assessments and simulations.
- Fee must be paid in full in US dollars (net of any tax) before access to the course platform can be granted.
- Program discounts may be available for selected programs; contact us for specific details.
- Program registration is closed 5 business days prior to the program start date.
- See our Cancellation, Transfer, and Substitution Policy.
- Contact us for special team pricing.