U-M Ross India Business Conference to Feature Miss America and Ford COO
Where’s the only place you can see and hear Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, LSA ’11, and Ford Motor Co. COO Mark Fields in the same room? That would be the 5th annual India Business Conference on Nov. 1 at the Ross School of Business.
The conference is a platform for those who have been part of India’s transformation. It brings together students, executives, faculty, policy makers, and thinkers to help shape the future of India and the United States.
India’s tremendous economic growth is well-known. But the country is seeing more young entrepreneurs and leaders developing businesses in unexplored markets and overcoming big challenges. So the theme for this year’s conference is “Dream. Lead. Inspire.”
Other speakers include:
- Sanjay Reddy, MBA ’89, vice chairman of GVK Group
- Gururaj Deshpande, chairman of Sycamore Networks and Life Member of the MIT Board of Trustees
- Tulika Mehrotra, best-selling author and journalist
- Ann Arbor Mayor John Hieftje
- Mamatha Chamarthi, CIO of Consumers Energy
- Aparna Reddy, social worker and humanitarian
- Prasad V. Potluri, chairman of PVP Global, film producer, and philanthropist.
Follow the conference on Twitter using the tag #umibc2013