Who’s Who of Pro Sports to Converge at Michigan Ross
From the NCAA to ESPN and from the NHL to IMG, leaders from all across the sport industry will meet at Ross for the third annual Michigan Sport Business Conference on Friday, Oct. 24.
The conference looks to “inspire creativity and innovation in the sport industry and allow individuals to build the relationships necessary to achieve their professional aspirations.”
So, who will be here?
- John Collins, COO of the National Hockey League, will deliver the keynote conversation on the state of the NHL.
- Mike Tirico of ESPN will moderate the discussion.
- Jim Delany, the commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, will also be on hand during a panel about the economic reforming of collegiate athletics.
- Sandy Montag, one of New York Magazine’s most influential people in sports and a senior corporate vice president at IMG Sports and Entertainment, will be part of a panel on representation and talent management.
- Chantel Jennings, a writer at ESPN.com, will emcee the conference.
- Matt Rossetti, the president and chief architect of serious fun from the sports architecture firm Rossetti, will join a discussion about the intersection of sports and urban development.
And that’s just a short list of the more than 35 sports industry executives who will be at Ross next week to meet with students and share their insights about the state of sport business.
UDPATE - 10/24: Watch the conference via live stream
The Michigan Sport Business Conference, now in its third year, is completely developed, organized, and managed by students from the Ross School of Business and the U-M School of Kinesiology.
Conference tickets are still available from umsbc.com and range from $35 for current Michigan students to $135 for industry executives.