Michigan Ross Professor to Share Business Lessons Learned from MMA, Improv

Share

Michigan Ross Accounting Professor Ryan Ball has received the 2016 Golden Apple Award, becoming the first Ross professor to be so honored.

The Golden Apple Award is presented by Students Honoring Outstanding University Teaching at U-M and is the only student-selected teaching award on campus. It honors undergraduate and graduate faculty members who continuously seek to engage students in the classroom.

"It felt good to have the recognition of the students, and I'm glad they see the appeal in what I do. That's the best part of it," Ball told the University Record.

Recipients of the Golden Apple award are asked to give a lecture as if it was the last of their career - and Ball has a plan for his.

His talk, “Accounting for Ambiguity: Lessons from Denmark, MMA, and Improv,” will tackle some of the learnings Ball has accumulated throughout his career.

"It's a smathering of different topics with the focus on lessons I've learned from dealing with uncertainty," he says in the University Record. "How to grapple with uncertainty, which is something I've grappled with all my life. How do you move on in life when it's an uncertain future? That's the angle of it."

The lecture will take place at 6 p.m. on April 13 in Rackham Auditorium.

Learn more about the lecture and RSVP on Facebook

Connect with Michigan Ross        
Ross School of Business

Keywords