Accounting Firm Offer Deadlines
Internship job offers extended following summer 2018 Leadership Conferences will remain open until August 9, 2018.
Full-time job offers extended following a summer internship must remain open until September 13, 2018.
Full-time job offers extended after the on-campus interview process must remain open until November 1, 2018.
Financial Services Internship Offer Deadlines
Internship job offers extended during Fall 2018 will remain open for two weeks or until October 12 whichever is longer.
MBA Banking summer internship offers should stay open until January 31st or three weeks from the date the official offer was made, whichever is later.
All Other Offer Deadlines
- Full-time offers to previous employees and or summer interns must be held open until November 30th. It is permissible to offer incentives to students who accept a full-time position in advance of these dates. The base offer (including base salary, base signing bonus, and performance bonuses) must remain open until November 30th.
- Full-time offers extended during on-campus recruiting must remain open for three weeks or until November 30th, whichever is later.
- BBA Internship offers extended during on-campus recruiting must remain open for three weeks or until December 18th, whichever is later.
- MBA Internship offers extended during on-campus recruiting must remain open for three weeks or until February 28th, whichever is later.
Part-Time MBA (Evening MBA or Weekend MBA) Internship Policy
The Employer RelationsTeam endorses the efforts of these students to pursue an internship and hope you find great candidates within this pool. We can help you arrange these meetings during your breaks, lunch, or before/after your interview schedule. Should you have any questions about meeting and considering Part-Time MBAs for internships, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 734-764-1373.
Companies can pre-select candidates for interviews; this portion of the interview schedule is considered the closed portion (or "closed list"). Students will bid for the remaining portion ("open portion") of the schedule.
The Ross School of Business interview policy is 75% "closed" and 25% "open."
Second Round Interviews
- Please offer multiple options for off-site interview events so that a student’s candidacy is never adversely affected by prioritizing campus activities
- Students do not have classes on Fridays, potentially reducing conflicts. Alternatively, contact your Employer Relations Manager for local second round interview venues, which can alleviate conflicts
- If you must rescind an offer, please contact your Employer Relations Manager so we may offer assistance to your recruiting team and to the students
- Students are urged to immediately release offers they do not plan to accept. The Recruiting and Outreach Team considers reneging on offers a serious breach of both our recruiting policies and the honor code, and students are so counseled. Such an action receives immediate attention.
Grades & Disclosure
MBA, MM & MAcc: The Stephen M. Ross School of Business does not evaluate its MBA, MM and MAcc students using a traditional point-based grading scale. In order to better encourage collaborative, action-based learning, and academic exploration and co-creation, faculty assess students using notations of EX (Excellent), GD (Good), PS (Pass), and LP (Low Pass). Accordingly, grade point averages (GPA) for these students will not be found on their transcripts or searchable resumes (“Default Resume”) in the Ross iMpact database.
For the purpose of determining academic honors for MBA, MM and MAcc students, the school converts grades into value points and a figure which is not the same as a strictly calculated GPA average is calculated for each student. To graduate with High Distinction, a student’s value point average must be between 3.5 and 4.0. To graduate with Distinction, the average must be between 3.25 and 3.499. Students are eligible to indicate “Candidate for Graduation with Distinction / High Distinction” upon completing 30 credit hours. Class rank is not calculated. The scale is as follows:
- Excellent = A+, A = 4 value points
- Good = A- = 3 value points
- Pass = B+, B = 2 value points
- Low Pass = B-, C+, C, C- = 1 value point
- Fail = D, E, NR = 0 value points
Michigan's Ross School of Business does not prohibit its MBA, MM and MAcc students from disclosing grades during an interview.
Students can generate unofficial Ross transcripts for recruiters. Accordingly, if you will require an official transcript for interview purposes, please be sure to announce this in advance. Students may require several days to secure their transcripts from their undergraduate alma maters.
BBA: Our BBA program operates with a conventional 4.00 GPA, and therefore BBA students are eligible to indicate GPA on their resume.
Michigan's Ross School of Business does not prohibit its BBA students from disclosing grades during an interview.
Students can generate unofficial Ross transcripts for recruiters. Accordingly, if you will require an official transcript for interview purposes, please be sure to announce this in advance.