Establish HR as a true partner in advancing and driving business goals, and enhance your value as both a member of your senior management team and a leader of the human resource function.
In this program, you'll join HR guru Dave Ulrich, global HR thought leaders, and top-level HR executives for the world's preeminent HR executive development program. In it, you'll learn how to lead your HR operation to advance overall business strategy, deliver value to investors, customers, and employees, and set a new, strategic vision for your HR operations.
You'll learn to maximize HR's contribution to the management team, optimize for global competitiveness, and create effective HR analytics to prove HR's worth. In addition, you'll learn the latest research and thinking on talent management, communication, managing culture across global organizations, facilitating change, performance management, organization design, HR competence, upgrading HR professionals, and defining the organization's leadership brand.
• Team-based case projects enable you to deploy new concepts and gain skills to apply knowledge to your organization.
• You'll deeply explore the latest results of the Human Resource Competency Study, the largest, most longitudinal study of HR practices worldwide, with study directors Dave Ulrich and Wayne Brockbank to apply key findings to your work.
In Their Words:
"We are already seeing noticeable changes in the ways people are approaching their work." Yolanda Conyers, VP of Operations and Chief Diversity Officer, Lenovo. Read Yolanda's story.
The Key Ingredients for Change
By Prof. Dave Ulrich
So often our intentions to implement sustained change fall short, and we find both our personal leadership efforts and our organization initiatives starting with fanfare and then fizzling.
What does it take to realize sustained organizational change? Through our most recent round of research, assessing data from more than 20,000 HR professionals, we have identified the proven ingredients for successful change. Successful change requires starting it correctly, and then making it stick. Here's how:
Make it simple: Narrow down complexity and focus on a few key behaviors that have high impact on the most important issues.
Watch how you spend your time: As the old maxim goes, actions speak louder than words. Employees see what leaders do more than they listen to what you say. Pay attention to how you spend your time, what issues you spend your time on, and with whom you spend your time.
Be responsible: To realize change, you must take full personal responsibility for it. Make your commitment public, follow up, and don't relent.
Who Should Attend
- Senior HR executives and general managers who realize the importance of HR to business success and want to leverage HR investments to deliver organizational goals
Takeaways & Tools
- Frameworks to translate business strategy to HR priorities, and then deploy HR practices advancing these business goals
- Strategies to enter global markets and balance multinational cultures
- Tools to design and implement a talent management agenda and build a competitive business culture
- Metrics to better measure HR effectiveness in advancing business objectives
- Tools to apply Dave Ulrich's latest findings for HR strategy, running HR from the outside-in, connecting its work to customer and shareholder value.
- A comprehensive, step-by-step executive agenda to realign your HR function and gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
Alumni Career Services
Ross Executive Education
Ann Arbor - 734.647.3400
Los Angeles - 310.617.4750
Technology & Operations
Ann Arbor Office
Heather Byrne, Managing Director
Joyce Buchanan, Executive Secretary
Lillian Chen, Research Area Specialist
• Accommodations in Michigan Ross' first-class, full-service Executive Learning and Conference Center (pending availability)
• Continental breakfasts, lunches, coffee/snack breaks, and selected dinners in our exclusive Executive Dining Room
• Program materials and resources
Fee is payable in advance in US dollars and is subject to change. See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.