In this five-day sabbatical for mid-level managers, you'll learn to set the right vision, build and inspire teams, and drive change.
You'll reflect on your leadership approach and understand how others perceive you. You will examine multiple leadership practices and choose how to integrate the most useful elements to achieve career and organizational goals. Content provides an intense immersion into the knowledge and expertise related to leadership and team development. The challenges of managing teams through change play a prominent role in the program. Faculty director Scott Derue was named one of the top 40 business school professors under 40 by Poets and Quants and CNN Money.
Simulations and team-based exercises help you develop new skills for managing change, leading team productivity, and interpreting social styles.
• A journey inside the University of Michigan Archaeology Museum will augment your leadership development and self-reflection. Throughout the program you'll create and refine a vision and action plan for your leadership development, as well as a roadmap for improving the performance of your team(s).
In Their Words:
"The Ross tools are helping me inspire better results from everyone I work with." Sabina Gasper, Sr. Director, Outcomes Research, Animal Health, Pfizer, Inc. Read Sabina's story.
Five Ways to Enable Extraordinary Performance — Scott DeRue
How to put positive leadership principles to work immediately:
1. Frame staff's positive qualities, existing strengths, and past successes as opportunities for building on existing excellence.
2. Approach negative experiences with a positive orientation to enhance their developmental value.
3. Link and reinforce positive experiences over time to foster positive development cycles.
4. Recognize others' struggles and respond by providing feedback, mentoring, coaching, training, and resources.
5. Give frequent feedback about the positive contribution or impact your colleagues have on others.
Who Should Attend
• High-potential, mid-level managers with three to 10 years of experience
• Leaders in their first or second management role
Takeaways & Tools
• A deeper understanding of how to motivate yourself and others
• Tools and strategies that will allow you to coach and counsel others for peak performance
• An increased ability to manage through potentially disruptive change
• Individual consulting sessions with faculty during the program help you customize and apply learned concepts to your unique needs.
Alumni Career Services
Ross Executive Education
Ann Arbor - 734.647.3400
Los Angeles - 310.617.4750
Technology & Operations
Ann Arbor Office
Heather Byrne, Managing Director
Joyce Buchanan, Executive Secretary
Lillian Chen, Research Area Specialist
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
701 Tappan Street, R5342
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234
• Accommodations in Michigan Ross' first-class, full-service Executive Learning and Conference Center (pending availability)
• Continental breakfasts, lunches, coffee/snack breaks, and selected dinners in our exclusive Executive Dining Room
• Program materials and resources
Fee is payable in advance in US dollars and is subject to change. See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.