- Professor of Technology and Operations
- Jack D. Sparks-Whirlpool Corporation Research Professor of Business Administration
- PhD Harvard University 2009
- MA Harvard University 2006
- BA Case Western Reserve University 2003
Stephen Leider is the Jack D. Sparks-Whirlpool Corporation Research Professor of Business Administration, and Professor of Technology and Operations. In his research he uses experimental, theoretical and empirical methods to answer questions in behavioral economics and behavioral operations management. He is particularly interested in contracts and bargaining in supply chains, dynamic decision making in operational settings, and the use of technology to support productivity. He has also studied behavior in social networks, the role of promises and social norms, innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as individual decision-making about risk and uncertainty. Prior to joining Michigan, Leider received a BA in Economics from Case Western Reserve University and an MA and PhD in Business Economics from Harvard University.