Therese Peace Agboh, Esq.
Therese is a leader in executive development, leadership and career development, organization development, performance management and diversity programs. She has coached and consulted with various levels of senior and C-level leaders across all disciplines and for a variety of industries including manufacturing, energy, healthcare, financial, insurance, retail, legal, not-for-profit and entrepreneurs.
Therese is vice president, Talent & Culture for KIRCO. She is responsible for overseeing KIRCO’s human resource functions which include talent recruiting, training and development, benefits, compensation and company culture. She has successfully run her own consulting business, T. M. Peace and Associates, Inc. for over 14 years.
Therese draws upon years of diverse experience, which includes serving as both an internal and external executive coach and consultant. She began her career at First of America Bank where her last roles focused on training, systems conversions and acquisitions. Upon joining Comerica Bank, her career rose steadily gaining experience in training, systems implementations, project management, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, diversity programs, performance management, change management initiatives and succession planning / talent management. She held a variety of executive positions in information technology, organization development and human resources. As the first vice president of Corporate Learning, Therese was responsible for managing teams in Michigan, California, and Texas. She implemented the organization’s first leadership college. Therese joined the Auto Club Group (AAA) as vice president and Chief Learning Officer, where she was responsible for leadership development, organization development and operations training. Therese implemented learning strategies and programs in support of change initiatives, effective team performance, process improvements, diversity and leadership competency / skill development. Her ability to build trusting relationships and credibility across cultures, business units and functions enabled her to deliver creative, collaborative and effective solutions.
In addition to her work, Therese sits on the board of trustees for Detroit Receiving / Harper - Hutzel Hospitals and board of directors for Women of Tomorrow. She is also a member of the Executive Leadership Team for Go Red for Women (American Heart Association), The Links, Incorporated, and State Bar of Michigan.
Education & Certifications
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Wayne State University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- International Coaching Federation (ICF), Member and Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Linkage coaching program
- PDI coaching process / program
- CPP certifications - Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), California Psychological Inventory (CPI 260 & 434) Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI), FIRO, Strong Interest Inventory
- Management Resource Group (MRG) certifications – Leadership Effectiveness Analysis (LEA 360), Individual Directions Inventory (IDI)
- Korn Ferry certifications – Voices 360 (Lominger), Leadership Architect, high potential assessment), Hay Group Emotional and Social Intelligence Inventory (ESCI)
- Executive / Leadership Development
- Physician Leadership Development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Executive Presence
- Onboarding and Role Assimilation
- Talent Management
- Succession Planning
- Change Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Michigan Ross Executive MBA Coach
- Coaches business leaders through Michigan Ross Executive Education
- Initial member of the Inforum Center for Leadership Advisory Board; created and co-created leadership programs for Inforum Center for Leadership
- Served in board leadership roles for strategic planning and community relations
- Served on the Board of Directors for The American Heart Association - Metro Detroit, Garden City Hospital and Operation ABLE
- Recognized twice by Corp! Magazine for being a leader in diversity and inclusion
- Regional speaker on leadership topics and emotional intelligence