Meet the First-Ever Michigan Ross Online MBA Class
This fall, the Ross School of Business is welcoming its first class of 72 students into the Michigan Ross Online MBA Program. These students are an incredibly accomplished, diverse group of individuals, ready to take on the rigorous, action-based curriculum and develop their skills as business leaders.
The inaugural cohort was selected using the same standards and commitment to diversity of background and experience that you’ll find across all Michigan Ross programs. They’ll join their classmates in live, interactive sessions in the new Michigan Ross Digital Education Studio, where they’ll share their expertise across disciplines ranging from engineering to finance to architecture and beyond.
The first class of online students work for a wide range of companies and organizations across the U.S. including BCG, Comcast, Disney, Exxon Mobil, Google, KPMG, JPMorgan Chase, Nielsen, Unilever, the United States Postal Service, Yelp, and more. And the range of accomplishments and experience outside of work is just as vast.
The Ross Online MBA inaugural class includes:
- An assistant United States attorney who was also a Fulbright Scholar, doing research in South Korea
- A doctor of medicine who is a full-time medical/surgical ophthalmologist
- An NCAA Division III Final Four semifinalist in men's basketball
- Current and former military members, including a captain in the Special Forces (United States Army)
- A finalist for the PR News 2018 Social Media Awards
- A New York City marathon finisher
- An emergency preparedness coordinator and former paramedic
- The winner of a $20,000 statewide entrepreneurial competition
- A member of the Board of Directors of American Indian Services, a nonprofit organization providing emergency mental health, food, shelter, and other resources to urban Native Americans
- A head of fundraising efforts for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- A classical piano player
In addition to the live, online group classes, students will also take self-guided courses they complete on their own time, and come together on campus for three in-person residencies over the course of their degree.
The three residencies are designed to offer rigorous, in-person opportunities for action-based learning, equipping students with a deep understanding of leadership, transformation, and innovation, and providing experiences that are unique among online MBA programs.
We couldn’t have asked for a more qualified group of students to represent our first-ever class of Online MBAs. Welcome to Michigan Ross!