Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
Elevate the strategic value of HR within your Organization
Establish HR as a true partner in advancing and driving business goals, and enhance your value as both a member of your senior management team and a leader of the human resource function.
Join HR guru, Professor Dave Ulrich, and esteemed Ross HR program faculty co-director Dick Beatty for this intensive look into HR practices. Our Ross HR Faculty are joined by leading HR practitioners and business luminaries such as Ram Charan, Mirian Graddick-Weir, Johnny C. Taylor, and others to help attendees gain a deep understanding of how to turn corporate strategy into HR priorities and create sustainable value for your employees, customers, and shareholders.
The insights in this program are fueled by the HR Competency Study (HRCS) conducted by The University of Michigan and RBL. The standard for HR industry benchmarking for the past 30 years, The HRCS surveys 29,000 individuals around the world and identifies key HR competencies necessary to impact perfomance.
Senior HR executives and general managers who realize the importance of HR to business success.
Functional areas include human resources, talent management, learning and development, and corporate university.
Let’s discuss how this program can help you achieve your goals.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-763-1000
This two-week program utilizes a combination of action-learning experiences, group discussions, team exercises, lectures, case studies, and projects to deepen learning and maximize impact.
WEEK 1: DRIVING BUSINESS RESULTS THROUGH HR
Day 1: Introduce the framework for linking HR strategy to the business strategy
Day 2: Assessing the value of HR using an “outside in” approach
Day 3: Linking HR strategy to the business strategy
Day 4: HR practice implications
Day 5: Measuring HR impact
Day 6: Group presentations and feedback
Day 7: Recharge
WEEK 2: PREPARING YOUR LEADERSHIP AGENDA
Day 1: 4+2 Formula for sustained HR success
Day 2: Performance management
Day 3: HR competencies and shareholder value
Day 4: Making change happen
Day 5: Building your HR agenda
Program Faculty co-Directors
- Dick Beatty, Executive Education Faculty
- Dave Ulrich, Rensis Likert Collegiate Professor of Business Administration
In addition to our program faculty, you will engage with and learn from leading HR executives from around the globe.
Guest Executive Education Faculty May Include:
- Ram Charan, Global Adviser to CEOs & Corporate Boards | Bestselling Author
- Camille Chang Gilmore, VP of HR, Boston Scientific
- Jessica Johnson, Executive Education Faculty
- Chris Rider, Thomas C. Kinnear, Associate Professor of Strategy, Executive Education Faculty
- Mirian Graddick-Weir, Former EVP of Human Resources, Merck
- Johnny Taylor, Jr, President & CEO, SHRM
- Charlie Tharp, Senior Advisor, Center on Executive Compensation
- Arthur Yeung, CEO Advisor | EVP Cathay Capital
Faculty Note: Selected faculty will teach in each program session.
- Frameworks from the latest HR Competency Study findings
- Effective models for designing and implementing a talent management agenda and building a competitive business culture
- Strategies to enter global markets and manage in multinational cultures
- Metrics to better measure HR’s effectiveness in advancing business objectives
- Enhance your value as a member of your senior management team and as the leader of the human resource function
- Expand your knowledge of research-based next practices in HR
- Network with global HR professionals and business leaders from world-class organizations
- Create a comprehensive executive agenda to align your HR function and gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Learn from Michigan Ross, #3 Global Provider, Financial Times Open Enrollment, 2020.
Coca Cola European Partners, Germany. Sanam Moayedi, Director, Procurement
Chromalloy Gas Turbines, USA, Sadie Wackett, HR Director -Global Operations
The program exceeded my expectations and changed the way I think about HR as a whole. If you’re looking for the best program in HR, this is the one. -
What differentiates this program from others is that you learn to apply the concepts to a real organization, not just review case studies.
The program fee includes tuition, instructional materials, living accommodations, continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks each day, and selected dinners. Fee is payable in advance in US dollars, is net of any tax, and is subject to change. See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.
Note: Admission to this program is by application only. There are three ways to apply:
- click "Register Now" on this page and complete the application online;
- download the application and mail it back to us;
- call +1-734-763-1000, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday and request a paper application be mailed to you.