Washington Campus --- This course is a one week intensive course taught in Washington, D.C. The course is designed to provide you with the frameworks, concepts and tools needed to incorporate the public policy dimension into managerial decision making and strategic planning. The course combines classroom experience with onsite learning - some sessions are in a classroom while others are in various offices around Washington and on Capitol Hill. Students will also attend a hearing of their choice on the Hill. It is an interactive course, with plenty of opportunity to ask questions of policy makers and lobbyists, as well as professors. The course focuses on:
- Congress and the legislative process
- The structure of the federal courts
- The impact of judicial decision making on business
- The federal regulatory process
- The organization of the White House
- The role of lobbyists and interest groups
- The role of the media in the public policy process.