Digital Transformation and Innovation
Incorporate technology into your business strategy. Improve your personal understanding and application of how emerging technologies can drive growth in your organization.
Raise your “digital fitness” by exposing yourself to current and next practices related to information systems and digital strategies to become leaders in your field.
This course will introduce you to new business models and value-generating opportunities enabled by fourth industrial revolution (4IR) technologies such as artificial intelligence, digital interfaces, digital platforms, and big data. You will leave with applicable frameworks and practical examples on how to use digital innovation to gain a competitive advantage.
What Sets This Program Apart
- A unique blend of tech intuition and application with a focus on business value generation taught by a leading scholar of digital transformation.
- Course content covers the fourth industrial revolution and leads to new insights about how tech is evolving and how the evolution is reshaping service and manufacturing industries.
- Learn from a Financial Times Top 10 global executive education provider.
- Business Unit, General, and Regional Managers, Directors, and other manager/leader titles
- Senior and mid-level leaders including management, finance, sales, legal, and computer engineering
- Organization team leaders and individual leaders of all levels in the organization and across varied industries
- Leaders committed to driving new growth opportunities in their organization, accelerating careers in rapid tech-induced change, developing a tech mindset, and minimizing multidimensional risk
This five-week online course consists of eight asynchronous modules and the course concludes with a live synchronous session. The combination of the online platform, discussion groups and interactive live session foster a dynamic learning environment.
Duration: 5 weeks
Weekly Coursework: 5-7 hours/week
Format: Asynchronous & Synchronous sessions
- Module 1: The Business Imperative of Digital Transformation and Innovation (DTI)
- Module 2: Drivers of Change in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
- Module 3: Digital Innovation Building Blocks
- Module 4: Value Generation Frameworks
- Module 5: Digital Transformation in Global Shipping - The Service Ecosystem Business Model
- Module 6: Digital Transformation in Physical Goods – The Product Ecosystem Business Model Building a Company of Leaders
- Module 7: Digital Transformation in Workflow Automation
- Module 8: Tech Governance & Mitigating Digital Transformation Threads
- Live Session: Individual Tech Consulting Project
*This sample schedule is intended to represent the program structure and content. Timing and session topics are illustrative and subject to change.
Associate Professor of Technology and Operations
After successful program completion, you will earn 1 credit toward the Distinguished Leader Certificate from Michigan Ross Executive Education.
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an effective business case for a new strategic tech initiative
- Identify potential risks and challenges of new digital applications as well as mitigations and remediation’s
- Partner with tech experts to support digital tactics and strategies that further organizational strategy and mission as well as improve operational efficiency
- Understand key business value opportunities across business sectors for leading fourth industrial revolution technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), etc.
- Manage data information security risks in organizations
- Fee covers access to the course platform, content, and activities.
- Program Registration closes five business days prior to the program start date.
- Fee must be paid in full in US dollars (net of any tax) before access to the course platform can be granted.
- Program discounts may be available for selected programs; contact us for specific details.
- Contact us for special team pricing.
- See our website for our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.
For more information, please contact: RossExecEd@umich.edu | +1.734.763.1000.