Increase Your Market and Your Margin to Generate Value
In its simplest form, the value of a product is its perceived quality minus the cost of production and delivery. Value-Driven Thinking explores ways to maximize value by both enhancing the quality of your product and lowering the cost through the use of strategic marketing and operations tools. This course will teach you to think like an executive and generate value by better meeting the needs of your customers and by improving processes within your organization. You will learn strategic marketing methods, work through operational decision-making processes, and learn how to apply these concepts to your own business.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify opportunities for value creation
- Develop a systematic plan for testing and improving value creation opportunities
- Develop a strategic go-to-market plan for successful value creation
- Structure operations to facilitate execution of go-to-market plans
What Sets This Program Apart?
- Live sessions with the professor
- Assessments at the end of the course provide assurance of learning
- Opportunities for group work as well as learning on your own
- Expand your perspective and network by interacting with cross-functional faculty and participants with diverse backgrounds
- Learn from a Financial Times Top 10 global executive education provider
- Director, Senior-Manager, and persons recognized as High Potentials in the organization
- Managers moving into greater organizational responsibility in the areas of Marketing and Operations
- Entrepreneurs seeking insight into operations and marketing best practices
- Professionals without prior marketing or operations expertise and/or who lack a formal business education background
The Program Structure
This online course consists of eight asynchronous modules with one live synchronous session. The combination of the online platform, discussion groups and interactive live session foster a dynamic learning environment.
Understanding value generation through your customers
- Module 1: Market segmentation, targeting & branding
- Module 2: Customer-driven strategy and its limits
- Module 3: Communication strategies: How to go to the market?
- Module 4: Special considerations
Understanding value generation in your organization
- Module 5: Understanding key concepts in operations
- Module 6: Achieving operational efficiency
- Module 7: Integrating people and systems
- Module 8: Risk management and the future of supply chain management
Duration: 5 weeks
Weekly Coursework: 5-7 hours/week
Format: Asynchronous & Synchronous sessions
Badge: Earn a digital social media-friendly badge upon successful completion of the Value-Driven Thinking program
This course is part of the Accelerated Management Development Certificate Program. This six-month program helps you strengthen your business acumen, broaden your management capabilities, and gain actionable tools to advance your career. This fully online and customizable program will help you achieve a managerial mindset through an integrated exploration of business functions and strategy. Earn a digital certificate upon completion of the full online Accelerated Management Development Certificate Program. For more information on this new online program click here.
After successful program completion, you will earn 1 credit toward the Distinguished Leader Certificate from Michigan Ross Executive Education.
- Develop data-driven decision-making skills to maximize value
- Upskill or refresh knowledge in marketing and operations best practices
- Immediate Application - Learn on Monday, Apply on Tuesday
- Earn a digital badge to share on social media with colleagues and friends after successful course completion
Fee includes program materials, assessments and simulations.
Fee must be paid in full in US dollars (net of any tax) before access to the course platform can be granted.
Program discounts may be available for selected programs; contact us for specific details.
Contact us for special team pricing.
For more information, please contact: RossExecEd@umich.edu | +1.734.763.1000.