This unique and experiential program is designed for senior-level women executives who aspire to the C-suite. The program combines the world's leading business thinkers from Michigan Ross School of Business with leading business practitioners for an unprecedented educational experience. "Ascending to the C-Suite: From Theory to Practice" immerses you in specialized subjects whose mastery is critical for C-suite executives yet often represent gaps in professional development for women leaders. Each topic is taught with a 360-degree view by pairing renowned Michigan Ross faculty with global business leaders.
Participants will dive deep into key business topics and leadership practices while hearing unfiltered insight and first-hand stories from executive role models. Participants will share a similar breadth and depth of experience in a learning environment that will foster strategic connections and relationships beyond the classroom.
Topics that will be covered in depth include advanced business and financial acumen, persuasion and influence, crisis communication, strategic innovation, and building and leveraging networks. Top faculty from Michigan Ross are joined by business leaders whose experience in these subjects is extraordinary - especially when the stakes are high.
- Learn how to pair strategy and finance with business acumen to garner momentum as you ascend to the C-suite.
- Understand how successful leaders at the top echelons of their companies effectively utilize crisis management/communication to redirect potentially adverse or harmful situations.
- Sharpen your ability to transform challenges into opportunities as you develop a personalized approach for establishing your negotiation leadership skills.
- Strengthen your capabilities as an executive global leader as you gain real-world perspective from global industry leaders.
About Michigan Ross
Top 10 global provider - 2017 Financial Times
Michigan Ross Executive Education was recently named a Top 10 global provider by the Financial Times, and our leadership programs have been consistently rated No. 1 by Leadership Excellence. We offer approximately 30 different open enrollment offerings and a variety of custom programs annually, serving over 4,000 business executives around the world. Ross has locations in Hong Kong, Mumbai, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand and delivers programs globally wherever our corporate partners request.
Founded in 1962, Inforum is the only professional organization in Michigan - and one of a few in the country - that combines strategic connections, proven professional development programs, a respected forum for new ideas, and original research to accelerate careers for women and boost talent initiatives for companies. Inforum programs serve a broad range of women in different stages and types of careers - from nonprofit professionals, to emerging and rising corporate leaders, tech entrepreneurs, veterans and corporate board leaders. Inforum also conducts and publishes original research on women's leadership influence. For more information, visit inforummichigan.org or call 877.633.3500.
Information on 2018 faculty and speakers coming soon
2017 Michigan Ross Faculty
- Lynn Wooten, Senior Associate Dean for Student and Academic Excellence Clinical Professor of Strategy & Management Organizations
- Scott DeRue, Edward J. Frey Dean of Business, Stephen M. Ross Professor of Business
- Cheri Alexander, Chief Innovation Officer, Faculty Management and Organizations
- Susan Ashford, Michael & Susan Jandernoa Professor of Management & Organizations and Chair of Management & Organizations
- Paula Caproni, Professor of Management and Organization
- Gautam Kaul, Professor of Finance & Fred M. Taylor Professor of Business Administration
- Ray Reilly, Professor of Business Administration
- Maxim Sytch, Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow, Associate Professor of Management and Organizations
2017 Guest Speakers
- Gerald Johnson, North America Manufacturing and Labor Relations, General Motors Company
- Terry Barclay, President & CEO, Inforum
- Shari Burgess, Vice President & Treasurer, Lear Corporation
- Françoise Colpron, Group President, Valeo North America
- Colleen Haley, Vice President of Operations, Hydraulic Group, Parker-Hannifin Corp.
- Maximiliane Straub, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Controlling, Finance and Administration, Robert Bosch LLC
- Diana Tremblay, Vice President Global Business Services, General Motors Company
Read the Detroit Free Press article about published May 1, 2016 at the Detroit Free Press website
Go to CBS Detroit and watch UM Ross Dean Scott DeRue and Inforum President Terry Barclay discuss the program on the "Michigan Matters" show which aired on April 22, 2016.
Who Should Attend
This program is recommended for participants who have a minimum 15 years prior leadership experience and may also include:
- Organizational levels that are one to two levels below C-suite
- Executives with a consistent track record of career growth through promotions
- Current successor candidate to C-suite executives
- Women business entrepreneurs with sustained business growth and success
Takeaways & Tools
- Return to your current role armed with an action plan that provides you with the strategic direction needed to successfully climb to the next leadership level in your organization
- Create a personal leadership plan and legacy statement to drive your future
- Gain a deeper understanding of business acumen including strategy and finance
- Further develop skills in persuasion and influence, crisis management/communication, and negotiations
- Gain appreciation for competencies required for success in global leadership
- Capitalize and more deeply understand your network and how to further expand your professional relationships
- Be inspired by leading role models who have ascended to the C-suite through your participation in a combination of lectures, interactive sessions, and leadership exercises that seamlessly blend academic and practical learning.
Alumni Career Services
734-615-3000 (option 1)
Ann Arbor Office
Ross Executive Education
Ann Arbor - 734.647.3400
Los Angeles - 310.617.4750
Technology & Operations
Ann Arbor Office
Heather Byrne, Managing Director
Joyce Buchanan, Executive Secretary
Lillian Chen, Research Area Specialist
Ross Registrar's Office
701 Tappan Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
701 Tappan Street, R5342
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234
- Instructional materials
- All breakfasts, lunches, and coffee/snack breaks
- Selected dinners
Please note that this event does not qualify for any special pricing.