Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Teams and Organizations
Gain evidence-based knowledge and practical tools to help you improve your personal and organizational DEI toolkit.
Realize the benefits of a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) organization and improve your ability to lead diverse, equitable and inclusive teams.
This course takes an intentionally inclusive approach to diversity, providing space for all learners - regardless of background to learn the skills they need for success. Throughout this course you will gain personal awareness of bias, privilege and their manifestations in stereotypes, prejudice, microaggressions and discrimination. Learn practical tools to become more anti-bias and a better ally and change advocate as an individual. Hear best practices from academic experts as well as corporate leaders on equitable organizational processes and norms and inclusive behavioral team practices.
What sets this program apart
- This program integrates cutting-edge research from psychology and management with practical tools to accelerate your personal and organizational growth.
- Gain insights from peer-learning communities to help process the emotions inherent to your DEI journey and guide fellow participants through action-learning projects around DEI in your own organizations.
- Includes one live, interactive instructor-led session and the opportunity to connect with faculty.
- Business Unit Managers, General Managers, Regional Managers, Directors and other manager/ leader titles
- Organization team leaders and individual leaders of all levels in the organization
- Employees with a desire to positively lead their teams and organization to create and develop an accepting diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) workplace
- This program takes an intentionally global approach to DEI, while also acknowledging specific challenges in the American context
This five-week online course consists of eight asynchronous modules and the course concludes with live faculty led synchronous session. The combination of the online platform, discussion groups and interactive live sessions foster a dynamic learning environment.
Duration: 5 weeks
Weekly Coursework: 5-7 hours/week
Format: Asynchronous & Synchronous sessions
- Module 1: Diversity Opportunities and Mindsets
- Module 2: Diversity Challenges for Individuals
- Module 3: Diversity Challenges for Society
- Module 4: Allyship and Becoming Anti-bias as an Individual
- Module 5: Inclusive Leadership
- Module 6: Equitable Leadership
- Live Session: Mini Case Studies Group Presentation
- Module 7: Leading DEI Strategic Change
- Module 8: Capstone Assignment
- Learn best practices for equitable organizational processes and norms
- Gain skills for how to lead inclusive teams, including conflict management skills, group decision-making best practices and emotion regulation
- Acquire tools for the implementation of DEI strategies in organizations, including the architecture of DEI groups, the role of data and metrics and tools to integrate DEI into the very heart of an organization
- Identification of the opportunities and challenges of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Deepen your understanding of different demographic differences and how identity, implicit bias and structural inequalities impact workplace dynamics
- Gain skills to become even more anti-bias as an individual and a better ally
Tuition covers access to the course platform, content and activities.
Program registration closes five business days prior to the program start date.
Tuition must be paid in full in US dollars (net of any tax) before access to the course platform can be granted.
Program discounts may be available for selected programs; contact us for specific details.
For more information, please contact: RossExecEd@umich.edu | +1.734.763.1000.