People Driven Thinking
This course accelerates your ability to understand, reflect on, and apply key leadership behaviors to help you, your team, and your organization achieve key performance goals and bring out the best in your people.
Leadership is the key driver of any business area and outcome. As leaders ascend corporate hierarchies, their work becomes more and more focused on managing people and organizations. In this course, we unpack the skills you need to improve your leadership skills. We will introduce frameworks to diagnose, reflect on, and improve your own leadership skills, and then work through evidence-based skills to add to your leader toolkit, including skills for leading others, teams, and organizations.
Learn how to apply the critical people skills you need to:
- Self-coach the skills needed to lead yourself and empower others to bring out their best ideas
- Learn and practice techniques for resolving conflicts creating high-value agreements with important stakeholders
- Identify indicators of team effectiveness and best employ skills to manage team dynamics
- Achieve congruence across important organizational elements and manage change in them effectively
What sets this program apart?
- Develop into future organization leaders by gaining the capacity to reflect on one’s own behavior and understand the broader impact on the organization in order to accelerate personal, team, and organizational performance
- Expand your perspective and network by interacting with cross-functional faculty and participants with diverse backgrounds
- Learn from a Financial Times Top 10 global executive education provider
- Future General Managers and others deemed as high-potentials in the organization
- Managers moving into greater organizational responsibility
- “Hi-pos” or next level leaders who are on the path to gaining additional management responsibilities
- Those without prior formal business education looking for an in depth understanding of core business concepts
- Technical experts moving into a broader management role
- Entrepreneurs/Business Owners looking to expand their comprehensive business knowledge
- Motivated professionals looking to gain a comprehensive business credential to accelerate their career or switch career paths
The Program Structure
This online course consists of eight asynchronous modules with two live synchronous sessions. The combination of the online platform, discussion groups and interactive live sessions fosters a dynamic learning environment.
Module 1: Introduction to leadership
Module 2: Interpersonal Leadership Skills: Leading Through Motivating Others
Module 3: Leading Through Empowering Others
Module 4: Interpersonal Leadership Skills
Module 5: Problem Solving Contentious Issues in Companies
Module 6: Team Leadership Skills: Leading Highly Effective Teams
Module 7: Organizational Leadership Skills: Organizational Congruence
Module 8: Organizational Leadership Skills: Organizational Culture
Duration: 6 weeks
Weekly Coursework: 5-7 hours/week
Format: Asynchronous & Synchronous sessions
Badge: Earn a digital social media-friendly badge upon successful completion of the People Driven Thinking program
This course is part of the Accelerated Management Development Certificate Program. This six-month program helps you strengthen your business acumen, broaden your management capabilities, and gain actionable tools to advance your career. This fully online and customizable program will help you achieve a managerial mindset through an integrated exploration of business functions and strategy. Earn a digital certificate upon completion of the full online Accelerated Management Development Certificate Program. For more information on this new online program click here.
- Improve comprehensive business acumen by learning a systematic approach to solving business problems via an in-depth understanding of core business concepts and utilization of actionable tools and frameworks
- Gain an enterprise understanding and mindset to broaden perspective beyond your functional area
- Gain knowledge of new and emerging topics to fill in knowledge gaps and learn new skill sets to stay ahead of the game
- Apply learnings to real-world issues and decision-making processes in order to establish credibility and broaden understanding of key functions in management
To allow adequate time to complete required pre-read assignments, course registration closes two weeks prior to the program start date.
Fee includes program materials, assessments and simulations. Fee must be paid in full in US dollars (net of any tax) before access to the course platform can be granted.
Program discounts may be available for selected programs; contact us for specific details.
Contact us for special team pricing.
See our Cancellation, Transfer and Substitution Policy.
For more information, please contact: RossExecEd@umich.edu | +1.734.763.1000.