MM applicants are required to submit responses to four (4), short essay prompts. If there is anything about your application you think the admissions committee may question, use the “optional essay” to explain the situation. To differentiate yourself, tell personal stories and let your personality shine through in your writing.
1. What has lead you to pursue a graduate degree in business? (200 word maximum)
2. How will the Master of Management program support you in achieving your short- and long-term career goals? (200 word maximum)
3. Michigan Ross deeply values student engagement beyond the classroom. Please describe two or three ways in which you plan to be involved as a contributing member of the Michigan Ross community. (200 word maximum)
4. Choose one (1) short answer prompt from the list below. (200 word maximum)
- An academic challenge I faced as a college student is/was . . .
- My best friend would describe me as . . .
- My client at work would describe me as . . .
- I am most proud of . . .
- My mentor is . . . because . . .
- A time that I went above and beyond expectations was . . .
- My greatest responsibility is/has been . . .
- If I could have lunch with anyone, it would be . . . because . . .
If there is any other information that you believe is important to our assessment of your candidacy, feel free to add it to your application. (If in written form, limit your response to 500 words.)