The Michigan Ross Bridges to Doctoral Fellows Program
The Ross Bridges to Doctoral Fellows Program offers a 12-month, full-time certificate that prepares individuals who hold a bachelor's or master's degree to successfully transition into full-time doctoral studies. The program is made possible by the University of Michigan Rackham Merit Fellowship, which supports students with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and goals who desire pre-doctoral preparation.
- Students who participate in the Ross Bridges to Doctoral Fellows Program are challenged, supported, and prepared for success in doctoral studies.
- Gain the competencies and experience necessary to successfully transition to full-time doctoral studies, including quantitative skills and research experience in a Ross PhD area of study.
- Earn a graduate Certificate in Business Research from the Rackham Graduate School at the University of Michigan.
- Participate in a research mentorship from Ross faculty and immersion into the Ross PhD community.
- Complete some Ross PhD program requirements.
- Access early consideration of admission to the Ross PhD Program.
- Access full-tuition funding provided by the Rackham Merit Fellowship and a healthcare stipend.
We welcome candidates who are within five years of their most recent academic degree date and meet the eligibility requirements of the Rackham Merit Fellowship. These requirements include having a record of superior academic achievement, being a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or undocumented students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA), and meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Come from an educational, cultural, or geographic background that is underrepresented in your chosen discipline
- Demonstrated a sustained commitment to diversity in the U.S.
- Experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- First-generation U.S. citizen or are the first generation in your family to graduate from a four-year college
For more information on the Rackham Merit Fellowship Program criteria, visit www.rackham.umich.edu/funding/rmf