This course leads you through a journey on key economics and strategy principles that enable you to assess the costs and benefits associated with strategic choices and make decisions to gain and sustain competitive advantage.
This course incorporates quantitative analysis as well as case studies to help you develop analytical frameworks like a CEO or a business owner would. To be successful in highly competitive, uncertain, and complex business environments, managers must be able to identify competitive threats, assess the economic costs and benefits associated with strategic options, and evaluate the impact of various options on the firm’s short-term and long-term profits. Managers can then rely on these assessments to select a course of action that will yield valuable competitive advantage for the firm. This Strategic Decision Making course leads you through a comprehensive journey to establish key economics and strategy principles that will assist you in translating managerial economic analyses into competitive strategic tools.
You will understand how to understand competition, and manage the value creation and appropriation processes within your industry and along your value chain. By the end of the course, you will have developed a toolkit to make and understand key strategic decisions at a firm.
- Make decisions using marginal analysis.
- Analyze competitive markets.
- Explore reasons for government intervention in markets.
- Analyze monopoly and oligopoly markets.
- Identify strategic positions and sources of competitive advantages.
- Evaluate industry structure and corporate scope.
- Design internalization strategy.
Strategic decision making is a “must-have” course for MBA students.
What sets this program apart?
- Live sessions with the professor
- Assessments throughout at the end of the course provide assurance of learning
- Opportunities for group work as well as learning on your own
- Expand your perspective and network by interacting with cross-functional faculty and participants with diverse backgrounds
- Learn from a Financial Times Top 10 global executive education provider