Accelerate Your Sales Career with the Cappo Sales Track
Build customer relations, develop sales strategies, and drive business revenue — all while controlling your own earnings potential. If the dynamic field of sales sparks your interest, Michigan Ross offers a special sales track to help ignite your success.
The Cappo Sales Track will help you:
• Get to know the sales function and what it means to work in sales.
• Study business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) sales.
• Explore career development and recruiting opportunities for jobs in sales.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2024
All University of Michigan students entering their junior or senior year are eligible to apply.
students from across U-M are part of the Cappo Sales Track.
Students from eight U-M schools and colleges are represented in the Cappo Sales Track.
What You’ll Study
To complete the Sales Track, you’ll need to take 12 credits from the courses below:
- Marketing Management MKT 302 (3 credits)
- Fundamentals of Sales Management MKT 310 (3 credits)
- Retail Marketing Management MKT 312 (3 credits)
- Consumer Behavior MKT 313 (3 credits) or Business to Business and Industrial Marketing MKT 314 (3 credits) or International Marketing MKT 315 (3 credits) or Pricing Analytics and Strategy MKT 408 (3 credits)
Additionally, we offer a specialized workshop to help students hone their negotiation skills.
What You’ll Do
At Michigan Ross, we believe the best way to learn something is by doing it. That’s why you’ll also have the chance to take part in a number of action-based learning opportunities related to sales. From internships and membership in the Michigan Sales Club to showing off your skills in competitions and getting to speak with sales professionals, there’s no shortage of ways to keep actively learning outside the classroom.
And when it’s time to start applying for jobs, our Career Development Office will help connect you with companies ready to hire. Cappo Sales Track students have put their skills to use at major companies like LinkedIn, IBM, P&G, and Bloomberg, just to name a few.
Email MichiganRossSalesTrack@umich.edu to get more information and meet with a member of the Cappo Sales Track team.
The Cappo Sales Track is made possible through a significant gift by Jeffrey Cappo and his sons Michael and Eric Cappo of Ann Arbor, Mich.